I love these cute gift card holders! I decided I had to make some to show you guys! They are so easy! I made several to have on hand for those last minute gift card needs!
Note: if you are planning on attending the ScrapHappy Saturday on April 17, these little gift card holders will be included in the breakout card class.
Here are the directions:
Card Base - 4" x 11"
Top Stripe - 1 1/2" x 4"
Bottom Stripe - 1" x 4"
Middle B&T Paper - 2 1/4" x 4"
Cut appropriate size paper for your focal, stamped image.
Cut a mat 1/2" larger to frame stamped image.
1. Cut a base piece of cardstock 4" x 11".
2. Score at 4" and 8 1/4".
3. On the smallest flap (inside the folded card), use a circle punch to cut a semi-circle. Use a coordinating brad to close each edge and form a pocket.
4. Cut a piece of striped paper for the top of the card. Trim to 1 1/2" by 4". Use scalloped scissors to create an interesting edge. Adhere to the top but leave a little of the card showing (about 1/8").
5. Cut a piece of striped paper to 1" x 4" for the bottom. Glue down the bottom stripe at the bottom of the card.
6. Cut a piece of coordinating B&T (background and texture) paper to 2 1/2" x 4" and glue in between the top and bottom stripes.
7. Stamp main image. Trim.
8. Color image using markers, watercolor pencils, or chalks.
9. Decorate with Liquid Glass and Bitty Sparkles.
10. Adhere colored image to the mat that has been cut 1/2" larger on all sides.
11. Glue to the front of the card.
12. Stamp greeting.
13. Place a gift card inside and give away! It is two gifts in one!
Supplies I Used:
My Reflections Life Delights Level 1 kit
My Reflections Daydream Level 1 kit
My Acrylix Piece of Cake Stamp Set
Sweet Leaf, Blush, Lilac Mist, Black, and Chocolate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads
Sweet Leaf, Blush, Lilac Mist, Chocolate and Buttercup Exclusive Inks Markers
Chocolate, Blush, and White Daisy Brads
Thanks to Tina Sutton for sharing such a great idea!